Braai Pie from the MOM and WOW 2021 Diary
This recipe features a delicious Braai pie with 4 flavours in one!
2 rolls of puff pastry (400g)
Salt and pepper
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp crushed garlic
For the spicy chicken mayo filling:
1/4 roast chicken
2 tbsp Siracha mayonnaise
For the ham and cheese filling:
6 slices ham
6 Slices mozzarella cheese
For the cheese and onion filling:
1/2 onion sliced
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp chutney
For the spinach and feta filling:
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 handful of baby spinach leaves
feta cheese, crumbled
1. Spray the Braai grid on both sides with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Unroll one of the rolls of puff pastry onto the grid. Using a knife, gently indent the pastry, dividing it into 4 quarters, one for each flavour combo.
3. Shred the chicken with two forks and combine with sriracha mayonnaise and chives. Place mixture onto one pastry quarter, leaving a 2cm edge border.
4. Repeat the process with the other three fillings, placing one combination on each of the remaining quarters.
5. Season the fillings with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Unroll the second layer of puff pastry over the top, fold the edges of pastry over and press gently to seal well.
7. Melt the butter and combine with crushed garlic. Use this to brush the top of the pie. Close the grid and repeat on the underside.
8. Braai the paan over medium coals, turning regularly, for 15 minutes until the pastry is crispy and cooked through. 9. Then cut into 4 quarters and serve with an assortment of dipping sauces.