Dreaming big is the first step towards achieving your goals.
“All successful people men and women are big dreamers. They imagine what their future could be, ideal in every respect, and then they work every day toward their distant vision, that goal or purpose.” —Brian Tracy.
Here are 10 good reasons why it is important to Dream BIG
- It allows the mental freedom to think about what you really want out of life.
- Helps you forget all the reasons why you can’t make it a reality.
- Motivates you to see the big picture.
- Gives you a renewed feeling of purpose.
- Opens up a world of possibilities.
- It doesn’t cost anything to dream.
- Dreaming gives us hope.
- The more you dream big, the more likely you are to succeed.
- People who dream big are generally happier than people who settle for less.
- Dreaming helps us determine what our goals should be.
“Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”—Harriet Tubman
What is the difference between a dream and a goal?
Dreams are something you create in your mind that can take any shape or form and can be quite abstract, while goals are based on taking action. With goals, a lot of focus and attention is needed. Dreams, on the other hand, don’t need that kind of focus.
What does dreaming big involve?
Dreaming is not necessarily only about the actual dream, it is also about setting the tone & having the tools to help make those dreams become a reality, which is why we have created the “DREAM BIG” journal to help with actualizing your dreams. During this process, we help create goals out of your dreams, by writing them down, although the action taking part, is far more fun and much more about creating the right headspace to turn them into a reality.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”—Eleanor Roosevelt.
What kind of big dreams do people have?
Dreams can be anything from things you want, things you want to do, a way of being, your health, holidays to beautiful destinations, a specific lifestyle, happiness! There is no limit to what we can dream possible for ourselves.
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.”—Christopher Reeves
How can the Dream Big Journal help you get started?
It’s all about bringing emotion into the dreams – when we add emotion & feeing to our dreams, they are far more likely to become a reality.
- Having a special place to write your dreams.
- Writing down your dreams, putting pen to paper, is like a writing a birthday wish list to the universe.
- Going back and reading through them often, helps keep those dreams top of mind.
- Remember when you read through those lists, feel the emotions you would feel if you had those things in your life.
- Pictures often stir up different emotions to what words do. Creating a vision board gives us a different way of feeling our dreams.
- We encourage you to use all your senses by doing the exercises that are included in the journal.
- Some of the exercises are there to help you to be more mindful and present.
- Doing what lights up your soul is one of the most important ways of actualizing your dreams because it conjures up the same feelings and emotions that your dreams would make you feel – Alison shares a personal story about this below.
- Giving attention to your dreams daily will also bring you closer to your dreams.
Have a look at our magical Dream Journals!
A personal story from Alison!
At the beginning of February this year, I decided to set myself a goal to swim every day that month. Most days this was really easy, although some days were harder as it rained or the wind was howling (and freezing), or the water was really cold. But I was determined to stick to what I had set out to do.
When I got to the end of the month, I realised how much it was benefiting me. It felt like everything in my life was going along with ease. Swimming in the sea and the beautiful views are really my happy place, which left me feeling in a constant state of happiness and gratitude. I had got myself into a very good routine of waking up early, working for a couple of hours and then taking this amazing break to go and swim and have a wonderful cup of coffee, before continuing with my day. It felt like my time was limitless, I got through so much more work, and especially focused work. I decided to carry on for another month and eventually kept going all through April as well. For now I have had to stop due to a small op that needs recovery time out of the sea water. I am still going to the beach and walking (dipping my toes in the water) and will be back full body in the water as soon as I am allowed to!
It has become about so much more than the swimming, my kids have been joining me, such special time with them, my little dog absolutely loves our morning outing – there is so much connection & benefit in this daily ritual!
The reason I am sharing this story, is that doing things that light up our soul and connects us to our hearts, is very much part of making our dreams come true in the nicest possible way. While I am out there swimming and drinking coffee, I feel like I am filling up my happiness cup, and this is spilling over to all areas of my life, making me feel joyful and abundant and allowing me to realize many of my dreams at the same time.