Mac & Cheese Bake from the MOM and WOW 2021 Diaries
This recipe features a delicious Mac & Cheese Bake with a crunchy crust!
Mac & Cheese Recipe ingredients:
3 cups dry macaroni pasta
2 packs streaky bacon (optional)
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp cake flour
2 tins Nestlé Ideal evaporated milk (shake well before opening)
2 cups grated cheddar cheese, pinch salt and pepper
2 cups cornflakes
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1. Boil the macaroni until el dente, drain and set aside.
2. Dice the bacon, pan fry on medium heat then allow to cool.
3. In a medium saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter and mustard, Add the flour and stir constantly to form a paste.
4. Gradually add the evaporated milk while stirring constantly until a sauce-like consistency forms. Continuing to stir, cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove the pot from the heat, and add the cheddar cheese and seasoning. Mix well.
6. Gently mix the cooked macaroni in with the cheesy sauce and add half the bacon.
7. Spoon the mixture into a medium ovenproof dish.
8. Put the cornflakes into a resealable bag and crush roughly using a rolling pin. Sprinkle cornflakes over the mac and cheese.
9. Bake undercover at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes, until the sauce bubbles up slightly and a golden crust has formed.
10. Top with the remaining bacon and chives and serve while hot, straight from the oven!