What are we at The Papery doing to ensure the survival of the planet?
- We are systematically moving all our products over to cream paper, which is unbleached and far friendlier to the environment – this is a process that will take a bit of time and will also come with a slight price adjustment as the paper does come at a cost.
- We have for years made sure that we recycle every scrap of paper and plastic that we can.
- Our own brands are manufactured locally and besides the obvious benefit of being good for the economy and job creation, it saves on pollution incurred by transport.
- This season we are embarking on a project / drive to educate and encourage our customers to make EcoBricks, starting with their diary packaging and delivery material. Sadly, at them moment we dont have an alternative packing solution, but until we do, we will make sure we are eliminating single use plastic as far as possible.
- We are making sure that the brands that we have chosen to align ourselves with, are all making enough effort to reduce their carbon footprint. Faber-Castell is a great example of this and one of the few companies in its industry to have complete CO2 neutrality.
How to make an EcoBrick at home
An EcoBrick is a plastic bottle packed tightly with clean and dry, non-biodegradable waste. These bottles can then be used as building materials to create insulative structures and colourful furniture.
Making EcoBricks is not about encouraging the production of plastic, but rather a temporary means of protecting the environment while us humans figure out a way to cut plastic out of our lives altogether, and while you figure out how to cut these items out of your own life.
Follow this link to find out more about this and how to make them!